This picture is a few years old…probably closer to 4 years. The reason I love it so much is because my friend caught me in the moment at my happy place. The beach is where I found myself. It’s where I learned how to love solitude. I healed there. My troubles melted like lemon drops there. It’s fascinating.
I feel so free when I’m at the beach.
Over the last couple of years I have felt such a strong feeling that I need to live there. It would be a big move and while I’ve received a couple of job opportunities in Irvine (close to the beach), the timing was always off. Well here I am now settling into my new job in Redlands feeling like I’m off track. Don’t get me wrong, I love Redlands. My family is here…but if I don’t make the beach move now I will regret it forever. I need to do this. Like now. I’m single and have no strings attached. I need to figure out why my heart longs for the waves and sand everyday…what will come out of it?
I’m going to make this happen. SOON.
I’m back to online dating.
So far, so odd. Let me break it down for ya:
- Went on a date with a guy who I just so happen to work with (same company- I don’t actually see him at work). We both swiped right and one week later we’re twirling each other downtown, scarfing pork fries, enjoying a drink or two, and yes people, he kissed me on the first date. Shouldn’t have kissed back but I did. I know, I know, I broke my kissing rules…but I blame it on the wine…and I was really attracted to him. Ugh. Best part of all? Haven’t heard from him since. 🙄 When I put the puzzles pieces together of how the date ended, I think he only wanted one thing all along. Boy bye. ✌️
- Second date with another dude was a couple of days later. This guy was super sweet and ON POINT as far as communication goes. We went to dinner and I wasn’t really feeling it. The attraction in person was a bit off but his amazing cologne (seriously why don’t more guys wear cologne?!) and outgoing personality made it easy to get through dinner. He also complimented me a lot and made me feel comfortable. That was until he started telling me about how every girl he’s been with has cheated on him and how he beat up all of the guys after. Oh, did I mention that he kept rambling about how awesome his Cinnabon wedding cake was back when he got married?! YEP. One more thing…yes, there’s more. Dudes been divorced for quite some time (were talking 8 years…he’s 37), but still hasn’t managed to get his tattoo ring removed. The 2 Bellinis I ordered couldn’t even help me at this point. My mom almost had to make “the call” to rescue me. Luckily the date ended soon enough.
First date was fun, but kind of a one time deal. Second date was, well…you know. I’m gonna try to bumble a little more, only because I have actually had good experiences in the past. So yeah…so far online dating has left me wanting a Cinnabon, and that’s about it. 🤦🏽♀️ Let’s see how the next date goes. Stay tuned!
P.S. I forgot to mention that I fell off a barstool with the first date dude. My shoe got caught…or something like that 😂 Whyyyyy mee?! Just why.
My grandma is literally one of my very best friends. Usually she’s the first person I call after a first date. She gets giddy when I’m giddy and she’s pissed when I’m pissed. She just gets me. All of me. I call her at least once a week and tell her “let’s do coffee, I need advice” and her response is usually “where and what time?”
I feel so grateful, fortunate, and undeserving of being a granddaughter to someone like her. She helped me with something tonight and we had dinner afterwards. On my way home I had thoughts of being a grandma one sweet day and being close to my granddaughter. It’s truly a special bond that can never be broken. Not everyone gets to experience this, so again, I feel very grateful.
I don’t care what anyone says, it’s true.
Parents and schools should place great emphasis on the idea that it is all right to be different. Racism and all the other ‘isms’ grow from primitive tribalism, the instinctive hostility against those of another tribe, race, religion, nationality, class or whatever. You are a lucky child if your parents taught you to accept diversity. – Roger Ebert
Racism isn’t born, folks, it’s taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps! End of list. -Denis Leary
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction. -Martin Luther King Jr.
I feel grateful that I was born into a family who respects and loves diversity.
My silly, kind hearted, generous, and loving friend passed away this weekend. I can’t stop thinking about him and his family. One thing I will never understand in life is why terrible things happen to such good people. It’s frustrates me. It makes me angry. I was so upset yesterday because I just don’t understand life sometimes. However I am choosing to trust God in it all.
I regret not seeing my friend as much as I could have. I regret not telling him how grateful I am for what he has done for me throughout our friendship. When I prayed last night, I asked Jesus to give him a hug for me and to tell him that I think highly of him, and that I am so glad he was in my life. I feel like that happened and I pictured Tyler smiling so peacefully. Why wouldn’t he be peaceful…he’s in heaven 💛
Tomorrow isn’t promised, if there’s someone who has been on your heart lately, reach out.
Please keep the Yocum family in your prayers. Trust me when I say that they are good people. All of them have hearts that I wish to have one day. I know know many people like them to be honest. Even though Heaven gained a Yocum, we need more Yocums on planet earth too.
Miss you Tyler, and I’m sorry I didn’t reach out when you were on my heart. I will see you again one day.
I decided to post this one first thanks to onebigstressball.wordpress.com and her comment on my last post! 💗
Be ready to be weirded out:
- Sitting in a hot car. Windows down, or up, doesn’t matter. I know it’s dangerous so I don’t push it too far but I go as long as I can.
- Cold showers. Not like warm, COLD. I have to take them often because it just feels so good!
- Driving long distance. I absolutely love driving long distances. It’s one of my favorite past times. I blast my music and enjoy the scenery.
- Dinosaurs. I don’t feel like most people “don’t like them”, but more like people could care less…but I LOVE them. I am 100% fascinated.
- Britney Spears. The people in my life aren’t really a fan. I on the other hand couldn’t get through a work out without her. Also, I respect her for coming out strong after all of the pressure she has been under in life. Britney, I would totally be your friend in real life.
- When the dentist stabs my gums. Okay feel free to unfollow now because I know I am a complete weirdo…but that feeling hurts soooo good. Idk.
- Crowds. I would say 99% of the time I am excited about being in the smack middle of a crazy crowd. Concerts, malls, events, it doesn’t matter. I love it. All of it. Push, shove, I do not care but best believe I will push and shove back 😉
- Pumping gas. The satisfaction of filling up my tank and standing waiting for the gas to fill up my tank makes me happy. It’s a few short minutes to myself and I enjoy the little break 🙂
- Eating alone at a restaurant. Don’t have much to say about this one other than if you haven’t done it, DO IT. Some people can simply do it, most people don’t like it, but I LOVE IT.
- Being sunburnt. For some wacky reason I love being sunburnt. Not the pain part, but more of the adventure part. It reminds me that I’ve been outside. It reminds me that I’ve been under the sun, and it heals quickly so I’m all about it. Plus, I like the way sunburns look and the tan after is a major bonus.
I’m weird and I’m proud…and if you LOVE any of these things please let me know so I know I’m not alone 😉
- 100 things that make my heart sing
- Oranges vs. Sand
- That one time I got engaged…
- 10 things that most people don’t like, but I L O V E
- My dream house
I’ve already started them all, and I’m about ready to post one or two 😉 WHICH ONE SHOULD I POST FIRST?!
Happy that the weekend is almost here!
- Slept in/layed around until noon 🙌
- Got served breakfast by my cousin…bananas foster French toast and turkey bacon! I’m so spoiled. 🍌🥓🍽
- Got some major baby shower planning done for baby ______. (Not mine, lol) 👶🏽💗🐚
- Did all of my laundry 👚👖👗
- Rested and had good conversation with my cousin 💗
- Had my first softball game with my co-workers and had a complete blast. I was catcher and had the BEST view of the moon:So happy to be back in the game!
- Came home and got served again…best enchiladas everrrrr. My cousin is a legit chef.
Pretty happy with my Sunday…besides the fact that I think I pulled a hamstring…ouch!
Work may be kind of tough right now, but there are perks. Such as being 5 minutes away from the parents house…which of course means I eat their food and cuddle with this one. 😌
Tomorrow is Friday…..tomorrow..is..FRIDAY.